1994 SW2 hesitates and then ....

We have a 1994 Saturn we purchased new.

Last year it started having a problem where it seemed to hesitate when starting up from a stop, and then kind of bucks for a second or two, then drives fine. We took it up to the Saturn dealership and they did about $600.00 worth of repair work( replaced egr valve, cpp solenoid, egr solenoid, basic engine analyzer test, replace PCV valve, replaced engine air filter, replaced serpentine drive belt, clean and decarbon fuel system, replaced engine coolant temperature sensor). We went on a driving vacation and noticed that over a few hundred miles it started this hesitation and bucking again.

We stopped at a Saturn dealership and picked up a set of spark plug wires and installed those. Seemed a little smoother for awhile and then the problem started again after just a couple of hundred miles.

The problem is much more pronounced the hotter the outside temperature is. It becomes even more pronounced when the air-conditioning gets turned on.

Now during the cooler months there is very little if any of this hesitation and bucking problem on starting from a stop.

Would very much appreciate some suggestions as to what the problem might be. This is my wife's car and I hate the idea of her being stranded somewhere.

Thank you, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Bad valve cover gasket? Do you have oil on the spark plugs? The oil could be leaking through the gasket onto the spark pulgs, fouling them up.

Reply to
GoAwAy669

...what do the coil towers look like? (just a thought - mine on my 97 get corroded and sanding them a bit and putting some new dielectric grease seems to help)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos