1995 SL1 - Most Miles?

Clutch is getting close to "fully extended" and I expect it to slip a bit.

What's the mileage record on these engines (that notoriously eat oil)?

I'm at 160,000 now and expect to either drop a few thousand $ into it or rid myself of it and go for another economical small car from a different manufacturer...

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe

The life of a car depends a lot on how you treat it and maintain it. One person may get 400K and another 150K. If it is running wheel now and has been well maintained and rust is not eating the chassis. It may run a long time still. Keep up on oil change in engine and transaxle and change engine oil more as it gets older and it gets dirty sooner as it will extend service life of it.

SnoMan

Reply to
Shawn

Wise idea.