454,000+ miles on my 1997 SL1 now...

Well, this is the first time in many years I've been to this (or any other) newsgroup, just too busy.

Anyway, for the record, I now have over 454,000 miles on my 1997 Saturn SL1.

No a squeek or a rattle yet, and I pound this thing over logging roads and other back (gravel) roads in addition to long commutes.

I bought the thing new in 1997. Have beat the crap out of it ever since.

Reply to
Ed Sanders

Congratulations, you must be doing something right. Pilots would say "nicely done"

A few questions please,

5 speed? Clutch replaced? @mileage? Average load? (light-med-heavy?) How fast do you drive? Backroad RPM? Highway RPM? Front rotors & pads replaced # @? Rear brake shoes replaced # @? Oil change interval and consumption rate? @ 100,000mi 300,000mi & now? Components repaired or replaced, water pump alternator, horn, electrical wiring? Original radiator? Any collisions or frame/body/suspension problems? struts, ball joints changed? Front suspension alignment and front tire wear? Tire life? regular rotation? Drivers seat and door hinges, lock and window crank?

As to the most important question, do you run this engine slow or fast? What is your normal upshift RPM? and downshift RPM?

Do you do your own maintenance? Do you anticipate soon needed repairs? How much more service do you expect to get?

Thanks

Reply to
Private