2004 Impreza TS Wagon starting problems

I have had my car for 3 days and already it is in the shop, and I suspect they won't find a thing wrong with it. So, tell me if I am doing something wrong.

I went shopping after having driven the car about 15 miles. I was in the store about 30 minutes. When I came back out and started the car, it wouldn't start. Or rather, it would start and die. I tried about 5 times with 10-15 seconds between tries. It kept doing the same thing. It also shook a little.

Now, my old 1997 Saturn SL1 used to behave like this, and when it did, I applied the flooded engine procedure (why the thing flooded once a month was anybody's guess). I followed the instructions for the Subaru as printed in the manual. I held down the accelerator to the floor while starting. I got the same results.

I called for towing. The tower came in 45 minutes. The car started just fine for him, but he towed it back to the dealer anyway. I had to get the undercoating applied anyway.

When arriving at the dealer, ironically my salesman was there. He started it fine. Twice.

I know I am not crazy. I went through this nonsense with my Saturn for

5 years, which is why I am frustrated as heck to have this happen to a 3 day old car. I don't want another car I can't trust.

And no, I didn't touch the accelerator when starting to begin with.

Any thoughts? This is my first Subaru.

Thank you.

Reply to
Noel

I've had this problem in the last year after a shop worked on transmission and did not reconnect all the wires from the battery properly. WRXs suffer from bad connections I think. It should be in archives. Maybe the same fix will work.

Congratulations.

Reply to
Apu