'92 Saturn SL1 - How Much Coolant Doies it Need?

Hi, I have a '92 Saturn SL1 with what appears to be a leaking upper radiator hose. I'm going to change the hose. How much coolant should I buy and what type should I use? I bought some Prestome premix non phospphate coolant to top it off then realized it was leaking too much.

Do I need to drain the radiator or can I replace the hose then top off the radiator? How coolant does the car use?

Thanks

Reply to
Jack

According to SaturnFans, (try Google, you will find amny answers) the s-series takes 7 quarts of colant. You can use Prestone, the green stuff is what you want.

Reply to
marx404

Flush the system first and make sure the green ethylene glycol based antifreeze/coolant is phosphate free. When done, bleed the air from the system and then crush and add two sealant pellets available from the Saturn dealer .

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman