Engine Accessory Belt Life on a '92 Saturn SL1

How long should the engine accessory belt last on a '92 Saturn SL1? I replaced mine about 25,000 miles ago and it failed today. Is 25K about the life span of the belt?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike, I have not had one fail yet. But I change all my serpentine belts at

30,000.

I change the tensioner at 100,000.

Maybe you have another problem. James

Reply to
James1549

update:

According to the saturn dealer the tensioner pu;;ey had to be replaced.

Mike

Reply to
Mike