1993 Saturn SW2 Brakes

I have a '93 SW2 and would like to try replacing the front brake pads and rotors myself. Is this something someone with average mechanical skills can do? Have replaced pads on other cars, but never rotors.

-- Message posted using

information at

FSCHW

Sorry, that was a typo. It's a '95.

-- Message posted using

information at

FSCHW

Get a Haynes or Chilton manual for your car from the library or an auto parts store, and give it a shot. It's pretty easy on most cars. I'm not sure if there's a difference between your Saturn and my '96 and '99, but on mine, all you need to do is remove the caliper completely, then just slide the old rotor off the hub.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
Shawn

If you have replaced front disc pads on other vehicles, then you should be fine doing the Saturn since they are very similar. Rotors just pop off once the calipers are removed and are easier to replace than to turn down and re-use. This is a fairly simple job and if you have any mechanical ability, you should be fine.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman