94 SL1 Stalling

My daughter's car 116K auto. Driving and when she stop or pull out from a stop the car will stall on occasion. 2 tries will restart the car and off she will go with no problems. She may drive the car 2 - 3 with no problems and then suddenly another stall as stated above.

I know it's kinda general info but any suggestions? As you could guess this is an older car and we are hoping to keep repair cost down.

Reply to
BxP9

When was it last tuned? The simplest things to try first are to replace the plugs and air filter and thoroughly clean the throttle body using a good TB cleaner, a toothbrush, and a rag. (I'd put my money on this being a dirty TB and AIS.) Also make sure the wires are in good shape too. They probably should have been replaced at least twice by this age/mileage. Also toss a bottle of some good fuel injector cleaner into the gas tank. I recommend Techron.

And although it is not likely your problem, the fuel filter needs regular maintenance too. Most people forget this needs to be replaced.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Thanks Bob, TB & AIS ?

Reply to
BxP9

I figured it out :) throttle body and air intake Thank again

Reply to
BxP9

plugs good, airfilter good, TB clean plug wires looked good. I'm waiting to empty gas tank to add the injector cleaner and I'm going to replace the fuel filter. could it be a vacuum leak? How - where do I test that? Not sure exactly where I look for those leaks.

TIA

Reply to
BxP9