95 saturn SL2, stepping on the break pedal, it goes in soft and deep into the floor...

I just got the new rotor and new break pad installed but the break pedal stills feels soft and goes in deep. It feels like the pressure isn't building up when I step on the break pedal.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
John Doe

If the break peddal goes low, it's the back breaks that need the work. It's the back breaks that gives you the height in the pedal. Maybe air in the lines, that will make the breaks spongey. But again, its the rear breaks that need adjusting.

Reply to
Shawn

When I step on the break pedal, i hear the clunk in the front wheels... I wonder what's going on... It almost sounds like me hitting the rotor with a hammer. Mechanic doesn't seem to know what's going on...

Reply to
Michael Savick

"John Doe" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

My 1st thought is that it is BRAKES not BREAKS. OK - now that I've got that out of my system...

Bleed the brakes.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

turn the car off and work the vacuum out of the brake booster so you dont get a false feel. then work the peddle. if it feels hard and doesnt reach the floor then its not likely to have air in the lines.

Reply to
blah blah

That's funny I never picked up on that \ brakes breaks lol

Reply to
Shawn

That is what I had thought a while ago also. I went nuts trying to get the rear brakes on my 95 SW1 adjusted. It turned out that the real problem was that one of the calipers was hung up on the bolts on which it slides. When I tried to remove the caliper, the bolt broke off in the mount. $5 and 10 minutes at the junk yard got me a new mount and bolts, I tossed in new pads and the brakes have been fine for about a year.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz