95 SL2 auto blows cruise control fuse

My daughter's 95 SL2 auto is blowing the cruise control fuse. I did a test ride with her after replacing the fuse, and it blew the new fuse about 20 seconds after she engaged the cruise on the highway. It held speed normally and then popped the fuse. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this? Thanks. Greg

Reply to
Greg

Replace the cruise control switch.

Reply to
Semi Head

lemme clarify ... turning the cruise on was ok ... pressing the set and when it tried to hold speed is when it popped... does that still sound like the switch?

Reply to
Greg