'96 SL2 Cruise Control

I have a 96 SL2 and it has a little over 170000km on it. I do a lot of highway driving and last week I went to set my cruise control and about 2 mins after setting it, it revved up over 1000rpms (increasing the speed about 10 km/h) higher than what it was set at and then made a funny click noise when I tried to turn the cruise off. Until I turned off my car and re-started it, the cruise would not set again. The next time I set the speed, it dropped about 10km/h. My dad changed the fuse and checked it out and it was okay until today. Today it wouldn't set, and then when it finally did, it 'caught' at about 5km/h less than what I set it at. When it's acting like this, instead of being able to 'tap' it off with my brakes, I basically have to slam on them to turn the cruise off and then it makes the weird click noise. The car otherwise runs fine. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem; whether anyone has any suggestions as to what it is. I'm going to try and get it in with a mechanic this week, but any notes to help me out would be great!

Thanks! MVS

Reply to
Missy_083

I have the same problem with my 1996 SC2, but I have no idea what it is. I don't do much long distance driving, so I haven't looked into getting it fixed yet.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Years ago my cruise acted up while still under warranty. After several trips to the dealer with the same trouble, they finally replace the cc module and everything has worked perfect since.

James

Reply to
James1549