Cruise Control stopped working on '96 Suburban 2500 4x4

I recently lost cruise control functionality on my '96 Suburban 2500. I would prefer to replace the part myself it is fairly straight forward but it sounds like it is not. Any suggestions on what I should expect to pay to have this fixed by a professional?

Thanks, Luke

Reply to
Luke

You can order a GM factory service manual set which would include *complete* electrical diagrams as well as detailed troubleshooting instructions for this and any other problem with your vehicle. These cost around $135 and you can order from helinc.com or from a GM dealer.

FYI - You get what you pay for!

Then you would need to know how to use a multimeter to test voltage to the cruise control, vehicle speed, and various switch inputs to the cruise control. And the shop manual would say what pins on the connector to the cruise control are for what and what they should read.

Basically with the *full* troubleshooting instructions, you should be able to find the specific part which needs replacing.

But before doing the above, look in you owner's manual for fuse information. Then check the fuse(s) related to the cruise control.

How to check fuses...

Bill

Thanks Bill.

Reply to