96 Saturn SL 2

Car will not start.. it acts like it is getting no gas. When you turn the ignition it TRIES to start but wont turn over,,, or it will barely turn then die, HELP!!!

-- Message posted using

information at

edavis9009

If it won't turn over, the first place I'd check is the battery. How old is it? I think I got 8 years out of mine, but it was false economy, it died at a most inconvenient time.

If you belong to an auto club, likely they will come over and test it for you.

Reply to
Father Mike

For the engine to start, it requires three things: 1) Fuel/air mixture, 2) compression, and 3) spark/ignition. Please report on which is lacking and you will get better advice. Based on your description, it sounds like you have exhausted the battery trying to start it, so you will need to charge it or change it before trying any more. Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Classic symptoms of a dead battery.