98 Saturn Starting Problems

Once car gets warmed up..Stop at store come out 10 or 15 minutes later... Motor turns over but will not start...Does this on hit or miss intervals...Driving me crazy...Saturn diagnostic says fuel pump,pressure regulator, rail, & injector codes....Replaced pump and regulator so far but with no luck...HEllllPPPPPP

Reply to
saturncrazy

Coolant temp sensor failure can cause a no start condition when the car is hot......

Reply to
BANDIT2941

I came across this problem with a 99 Intrepid. All the garages were making her spend money.. 1000 bucks in about 2 months..

I narrowed it down to the Crankshaft Posisition sensor.. When cold the car would start and run perfectly.. as soon as you turned it off it would not restart. The CPS sensor was failing when hot..

so she spent 1000 bucks when it was not needed. this repair only costed 12 bucks.

Reply to
Joe Biadasz

we had that same problem with ours. it was the sensor. it is located right on the front of the motor and is really easy to change.

Reply to
KenM

located

Which sensor?