Are Yakima or Thule attachments compatible with VUE rack?

I just bought a 2004 VUE. Before I order Saturn's roof rack crossbars, I was wondering if Yakima or Thule attachments are compatible. I have a Yakima kayak rack and a Thule cargo box.

I already have some Yakima Q-Towers from the car I traded in. I don't suppose Yakima makes any Q-Clips for the VUE, do they?

John

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:1107267638.982315.190470 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

go to Yakima.com and put in your car's info, it will tell you exactly what options you have and the MSRP for each piece.

Reply to
Steph

Yeah, they don't mention any support for the VUE at all. :(

Has anyone tried installing Yakima's permanently-mounted rack (the one with tracks) to a VUE?

John

Steph wrote:

exactly what

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:1107351759.031939.108090 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I didn't recall what yeay VUE, so entered in a 2004 Vue. The only roof accessory Yakima supports is a carrier cage, with the following notes:

Weight Limit: 100lbs.

Maximum allowable weight load is 100 lbs. MightyMounts are not required; Warrior/box installs directly onto factory racks. The total weight of Warrior/box and your load must not exceed Yakima's recommended weight limit for this vehicle's rack. Check your vehicle before purchasing this product. Some models may not be equipped with factory crossbars.

Obviously a 1 1/4" or 2" hitch reciever would provide more functionality here.

Reply to
Steph

Steph wrote in news:Xns95F14E79CE184skipatroluunet@66.75.43.157:

functionality

Sorry, I should have been more specific, The Load Warrior Cage is made from round tubing and will support ski, bike, and boat mounts directlyto the basket's accesory bars. MSRP is $290, but any Yakima mounts you already own should work with it.

Reply to
Steph

I have a 2004 Vue and I use both Thule and Yakima roof accessories. I use the Saturn crossbars so I need the Wide Mouth clamps. Everything works fine so far! Paul Elliot SJ, CA

Reply to
Paul Elliot