Back-up lights switch SL

Hello everyone, I need to replace the back-up lights switch on my 98 SL manual tranny. I have read on previous threads that it is located on the transmission. Can anyone give me more specifics on the location of this switch and tips for changing it? Thanks

Reply to
Charles C

The manual advises removing the air induction system (air filter box, intake hose) to get at it. It looks like it just plugs into a flat part on the transmission near the shift linkage attachment. That and the vehicle speed sensor will be the only electrical connectors on the transmission.

Reply to
Robert Hancock