SC2 engine swap with non saturn

I wanted to know if anyone has ever done this and if they know of any engines that would fit a 1998 sc2; would like to put a 1st gen mitsubishi eclipse turbo motor in -> the motor & parts would be the only cost; would be a summer project of mine if it were/is possible. any feedback? and yes i know i'd need to replace the tranny and such - but would it work!?

Mike ~

Reply to
K Dog

"Anything" will work if you try hard enough at it.

Suggestion #1: Go and get as many "monster Garage" video tapes as you can and/or the first 'Fast and the Furious" movie.

Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com Ask me about "The Ride" on July 31, '04:

My eBay Stuff -

Joe Agro

Great question...

I want to see a small block Chevy (327 preferably) put in one with maybe a transaxle from a vette.

There is an L series wagon that's a drag car with a V8 - guess that doesn't count.

And a guy is putting V8's in fierro's:

None of this addresses your question specifically but thanks for the digression! (smile)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

An LT1 in a Fiero. So it can corner like a cement truck on ice and get

10mpg while doing it?
Reply to
Steve Elmore

...I was curious about the handling too - sounds potentially very tail heavy. Cement truck on ice is a great visual! (grin)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos