Wheel bearing gong out?

I have been noticing a slight rubbing metalic sound in one of the front wheels and tracked it down to my right front. I just changed the rotors and pads and thought that would fix it, but it is definately in the hub area. I jacked up the front and removed the wheel, caliper, and rotor and spun the wheel up to make sure that it was the hub. Question is; is it possible to change the front wheel bearing without all the special tools that are shown in the manual. I usually do most of my own work, but don't want to get into it and find out I would need some special tools. Or, I could remove the hub and take it to a shop for replacement of the bearing, assuming that is the problem. TIA, MR

Reply to
MR

At minimum, you need a shop press to remove and reinstall the bearing. The easiest way to do it is to take off the hub and knuckle and take it to a shop. I've done this several times, and my local Saturn only charges a few bucks for the time to work the press.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

Thanks a bunch for the info. I think I will do that. MR

Reply to
MR