Boosting burnout - LW

Had my 2002 LW wagon boosted at the Calgary airport last weekend after I left it in the Park n Jet lot for a few days. The radar detector drained the battery, I guess.

The battery was boosted by a truck equipped, they said, to do it properly. But it appears to have taken out the airbag module in the car -- the airbag light won't go out, and my mechanic's diagnostic test shows a dead module. The new one costs $ CDN 600.00, I'm told. Is there anything I should have checked before replacing it? Is the price unreasonable? Is there another source for these things?

The lot is owned by the local Budget francisee -- who should have had better people doing this work.

Yes, I know how to boost, but the guy was so sure of himself, and his equipment, that I let my better judgement go.

Reply to
Dave Fairfield

Nothing to offer about your airbag module - however your experience makes me remember the time I called the towing service to change a tire on my 97SL2 and the guy started taking a prybar to the cap that covers the lug nuts. I changed my own flats after that.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos