brake pedal to floor after bleeding

I recently changed the pads on the front of an SL2. When I went to test drive it, the pedal ad little pressure, but the car would stop. I thought maybe I needed to bleed it. After doing that, the pedal has absolutely no pressure and the brakes don't work at all. Can someone help me out here?

Reply to
wieldymouse

If you didn't disconnect any brake lines, then this behavior is odd. Did you make sure the fluid is at the proper level in the resorvoir? Pump the pedal a lot (like 50 times) and see if it helps. I've had situations where that much was required. Or, give these links a read to see if you followed the recommended Saturn bleeding procedure:

?articleID=bleeding_ABS_tech Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

I have a couple questions.1. did you make sure the brake fluid cap was on while doing it if not that will pump air in the lines 2. Did you bleed all the brakes when you did it. 3. when bleeding it did you keep the fluid full cause if you let the resivior go dry you defeated the purpose. when bleedind you have to have the bleeders closed have someone pump up the brakes then have them push down as to be pushing to the floor the crack open the bleeder a little bit let it spray some out but close it before it stops pushing fluid then repeat till you get a stedy stream then check your resivior make sure its full and then repeat on the other three.I hope this will help you out Good Luck

Reply to
punxyguy

Unlikely possibility, but you may have wrecked the seal inside the master cylinder. It would depend on whether or not a ridge has worn inside the master cylinder bore. If there's a ridge, you may have pushed the piston seal past the ridge and damaged the seal.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart