Brake problem

After 35000 miles front brakes needed replacing. Installed new front pads. Job went well with no problems installing the front pads. I did not open the system to bled since I was only replacing the front pads. Now I find the brake pedel has too much travel and has developed a slight clicking noise when it travels down so far. Clicking noise sounds like its coming from the brake pedal the last 1/2" of travel.

Do I need to bleed them? The rears still have about 60 % left to them. Any ideas.

If I need to bled them. What the best way. Car has ABS brakes.

Thank you......Joe

Reply to
Joe096

Yes bleed the system because when you collapsed the calipers to change pads you may have pushed some fluid out of reservoir and now your are low on fluid.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

My best guess would be that you upset the proportioning valve when you forced the fluid back out of the calipers back to the master cylinder. With the engine running hit the brakes a couple of times as hard and as fast as you can. The sudden movement of brake fluid is often enough to reset the proportioning valve.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.