Brake problem Saturm 2002 L200 Please Help

After 35000 miles front brakes needed replacing. Installed new front pads. Job went well with no problems installing the front pads. I did not open the system to bled since I was only replacing the front pads. Now I find the brake pedel has too much travel and has developed a slight clicking noise when it travels down so far. Clicking noise sounds like its coming from the brake pedal the last 1/2" of travel.

Do I need to bleed them? The rears still have about 60 % left to them. Any ideas.

If I need to bled them. What the best way. Car has ABS brakes.

Thank you......Joe

Reply to
Joe096

Joe

I have had 2 L200's I have done the brakes on both now. I have tried 5 pads sets. All do the same thing, poor stopping. On my New 2003 the rotors were worn at 45K, pads had 25% left. The pads actually machined the rotors (I guess that is what made the car stop so good) I am on a second set of pads for this car and the same thing. Hard pedal force (mushy Brake feel?? ) My conclusion is to go back to factory OE pads, suffer the back dust and wear on the rotors. This car came with excellent brakes. I am convinced it is a design thing. Don't use the Delco pads they don't work either, get the Saturn ones from the dealer.

Good Luck,

Let me know what happens.

Reply to
joe_goodart

Update to above,

Today I installed the Saturn pads on My L200. They did just as I thought. The Car stops just like before, no mashing down the brake peadal. My rear shoes should wear normal now too. Of course they charge too much, but what can you do, list is $90. I did get the rotors cheap though about $22 each. So all in all not too bad. I'm Glad, I sold my other L200. I don't like to have to, sole source to a dealer for parts.

JoeG

Reply to
joe_goodart

Reply to