Code 49

I'm getting a transaxle code 49 - Park/neutral switch invalid date. This is a 1994 Saturn. Do I adjust or replace? Where's the switch? Thanks!

Doug

Reply to
Doug

That's supposed to be "data," not "date." Sorry.

Any chance the shift linkage could be out of adjustment? If so, how is this adjusted? This is an automatic transmission. Thanks!

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Could need to be adjusted, could be a wiring issue or could need replacement. You'll have to diagnose it to find the problem.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Wow! Thanks, Steve! That's perfect.

How is it you just happen to have the diagnostic procedure for my particular problem?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Cuz he has Alldata v8. (lucky sob)

Reply to
blah blah

...and Mitchel On Demand 5...

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I got GM eSI disc which cover 98-04 GM vehicles in more detail than either of those. I do have partials of the above mentioned... Havent got around to using anything other than my esi disk though. What did you use to make that into a pdf?

Reply to
blah blah

Thanks for the tip, started the GM eSI 2005 download process.

ALLData is just a copy of the factory service manuals. MOD is actually written by someone.

MOD sucks.

I use CutePDF to make PDFs

Steve

Reply to