Computer Chip ??

Is there any company or organization out there that makes an after market computer chip or reprogramming for existing ship that will remove the top speed lockout?

Reply to
Mike Surwill

AFAIK, you can take your car to the top of a big hill and go down the hill as fast as gravity and your lead foot will take you. I'm not sure I even want to ask why you want to exceed 130mph (the top of the speedo on my SL2) in a Saturn. Stock Saturns don't weigh very much and will, almost guaranteed, show the stress of excessive speed through extremely unstable handling characteristics. If you have the pedal to the floor going down the highway, thats probably as fast as the car goes. You might be able to eek out a few more MPH from a MT because of the different gear ratios.

There is a rev limiter to prevent the engine from tearing itself apart, but that isn't the same thing as a "top speed lockout", or a "governor" as they are sometimes called.

-rj

98SL2

Mike Surwill wrote:

Reply to
richard hornsby

Why? The factory governed speed already exceeds all posted legal speed limits. I dont know where you can drive legally at those speeds other than the Bonneville Salt Flats and I doubt it will peek its top speed on a quarter mile track. I dont need morons on the road zipping by me at

100+ miles an hour. From the sound of your post you need to get the "rice" out of your system and drive like a normal person.
Reply to
Blah Blah

'Richard Hornsby' and 'Blah Blah' are correct, keep high speeds to the track. lest we forget high ticket fees, possible jail time, causing/being in accidents. check out

if you want to race around. Might I also suggest taking some classes, you probably can't handle your car above 100mph. now to your question. No, the Saturn ECM is a proprietary system, it is encoded with a special electronic key, that no one has but the folks in Springhill, TN. there are reported ways around it, but most people wont tell you how to do it, purely based on the amount of time they have taken to figure it out. They don't want to tell people who don't want to take the time to figure out how it works to do it. so, take the coffee can off the back of your car, put your stock intake back on, and keep it to the speed limits, or take it to the track.

Reply to
uknewwho

Blah Blah typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

Road America. An S Series car in race trim can bump the 124MPH limiter.

For folks who run their S-series cars in SCCA Improved Touring, getting the speed limiter moved/removed, and raising the rev limiter to around 7k is pretty much required. There are several folks over on the forums that calim to be able to move the limiters around. go to

and visit the PCM forum - should be able to find the information you require.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

I didnt know my fingers were that sensitive.

News to me.

Reply to
Blah Blah

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

other

speed on

What this country really needs is a good autobahn and drivers with the skills to handle it. I sure looked like fun when I was in Germany last year. But, alas, I was on a tour that provided all the transportation via bus.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Once I drove my SL2 at about 108mph just to see what it was like, on the I-5 in central California. The wind drag noise got real loud and it felt kind of scary (and yes thrilling too of course). Handling wasn't bad at all but I was a little reluctant to bump it higher.

And yes I did get ticketed, though it was later on in the journey, for going

86mph (this was before the 55/65 max speed limit was lifted).
Reply to
Elson Trinidad