Ding in windshield

Some April Fools joke, a car going the other way on a 2 lane highway kicked up a stone which landed right in the middle of my sight line. Left a 3/4" ding which hopefully can be repaired. At the recommendation of the garage next door, I called 'windshield wizard' to look at it. I tried on two other occasions, the diy windshield repair kits and was not impressed with the results.

Reply to
Oppie

If it truly is in the line of sight, you will probably need to replace the entire windshield glass. Check with your insurance company.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I had pretty good luck getting a foot long crack repaired. The sooner you get it fixed the better it will look because if you wait dirt will accumulate in the crack and it will show up more. If you fix it right away, it's practically invisible.

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

I had tried getting an appointment with some of the big names in glass service and all gave me pretty shabby response time (over a week). Wound up taking it to a local glass guy who charged me $50 with the agreement that if the crack spread or I was unhappy for any reason, the money would be credited to replacement cost of entire windshield. And he did it as a drive-in while I waited in his shop. Took about 20 minutes and repair was almost un-noticeable. I'm a happy camper since I didn't want to put this on my insurance and replacement was about $260. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie