Windshield coating or treatment

I bought my '97 Corolla SD used about 60,000 km ago.

I think the previous owner drove many km on dirt roads. The windshield, hood nose, front bumper cover, etc. are pitted from (I assume) stones hitting the car.

Is there some type of treatment I can have done to the windshield to make the marks less visible? Luckily the sun is behind me to and from work, but obviously there are occasions where I must drive into a low sun and the stone marks (which cover the windshield) severely reduce my visibility.

I suppose the obvious solution is to replace the windshield, but I'm wondering if there is a solution offering comparable results for less money.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I'd like to find out also Robin. I've never heard of anything but sure would be nice. Ron

Reply to
ron

Eastwood (and JC Whitney) have kits for polishing glass. It uses a pumace material, water and a buffer pad on a power drill. Suspect an auto glass place could do it too. I've found that Rain-X hides a lot of the small chips in glass too.

Reply to
Wolfgang

You can have the windshield polished or there are companies in the U.S. that repair stone chips in the windshield with epoxy. Perhaps they can skim coat the glass somehow. I'd call a few auto windshield repair companies and find out.

Reply to
Ray O

I had someone tell me (a dealer I think...) that the only way to resolve this was replace the windshield.

I do remember my stepfather getting pissed at me years ago for scratching the windshield, saying it cost "almost $100" to buff the scratch out!

Reply to
Hachiroku