EBAY AUCTION ALERT~~~~~~~~1985 VW VANAGON

EBAY AUCTION # 2457936378 Here's the description that I have on ebay:

I am the original owner of this vehicle; I bought it new in Houston. In August of 2000, I considered selling, but decided to put a new engine in it and make other improvements and keep it. The reconditioned engine was bought locally from Advance Auto Parts. While the engine was out, we had the water pump replaced as well as all hoses and belts. We recently had the air conditioner repaired as well as having the master cylinder replaced and one upper ball joint. I believe it to be in sound working condition with 4043 miles on the new engine. The original odometer stopped working at 186,000 miles and we drove it that way until we had the engine replaced when we had a new odometer installed. Also new is a windshield wiper motor, a rear bumper and a clutch kit. The sliding door latch does not work properly but can be repaired; also the rear wiper does not work; the clock does not work. One arm rest on one of the middle seats is broken as well as the left arm rest on the front passenger seat. All of this could easily be repaired. The windshield has a small ding as could be expected in a car of this age. There is some damage where the door slides back and forth on the outside of the vehicle -- see pictures. There is a new Road Gear 60 watt am/fm/cd receiver. The original speakers are not attached in the back, but are included. This model VW also has a rear heater under the back seat that does work. The front heater works well as does the air conditioner. The interior of the van is in very good condition--the unholstery is like new -- no rips, tears, or holes in any of the seats and is original. The back seat reclines and makes into an almost full-sized bed which is is good for sleeping when camping. The windows were tinted upon purchase in 1985, so they could use retinting. The paint is original; the top of the van needs to be repainted because of the age of the vehicle. There is minimal to no rust on this vehicle -- there is minor surface rust on the back under the bumper. There is no reserve. Thanks for looking.

I am starting the bidding at $1995.

I was alerted to use this site by someone in Nashville, TN., who had looked at my ebay auction to let people know that this van is for auction - he had read the description and thought I would get more exposure if I posted it at this site.

Thanks for reading this. You can email me with questions or more pictures at: snipped-for-privacy@charter.net. David H. Miller

Reply to
David