Disable daytime runnin' lights

Could someone please tell me how to disable the DRL's on my '02 L-200? I caretake a campground and would like to be able to drive around it at night with only my park lights on. I have three positions on the switch. AUTO, PARK, and Regular ON. I don't mind the lights on in the auto position, but it would be great if i could kill them altogether in the PARK position. Is it possible? I can do the work if someone can explain where to bypass or disconnect what.

thanks!!

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

blah blah

thanks! Doesn't include my model, but gives me hope that it's possible.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

It doesnt??? Well here I looked it up...

Step #

  1. Pop Hood

  1. Look at Left Front (driver side) Engine Compartment. (on the fender I think)

  2. See Long U shaped Resistor (should be white Ceramic) at the "top of the U" shaped resistor pointing towards the bumper there will be a Plug with a black wire and a dark blue wire.

  1. Unplug that connector.

  2. Verify DRL's are dissabled and lighting system still works correctly.

  1. Rejoice and sing a happy tune.

Reply to
blah blah

Thanks, where'd you look that up at?

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I've noticed that when I pull the emergency brake up one notch, they g

off, of course, you still get that annoying beeping from the ca telling you it's emergency brakes are on, but that switch may b "hot-wired" to let you select on or off.

Rober

-- rdamurph

this thread:

rdamurphy

hmmmm. finally got a chance to look at the car. no such resistor that i can find. Where'd you get that particular info?

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

It has a bolt going through the center of it and it should be close to the edge where the Hood shuts. The info comes straight from GM's eSI disk. Maybe I was looking at the wrong car at the time... There should be a DRL relay in your underhood fuse block. It should say where the DRL Relay is on the cover that you remove. I'm not sure if anything else will be effected if you pull that.

Reply to
blah blah