Door lock switches on 1996 SW-2 - difficult?

Hi all, I'm back again with another silly question. How tough should replacing the driver's side door lock switches on my '96 SW-2 be? The door looks like it might come open fairly easily, but I'm partially disabled and don't want to try it myself if I'm liable to get stuck halfway through.

The spring has broken or moved inside the switch, which now stays in position and causes some sort of continual cycling inside the doors til I move it - I'm afraid for the mechanisms.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Reply to
marcodbeast

Your description is a little hard to follow, but I'm assuming it is the power lock switch that isn't working. You don't have to take apart the door to access that. The one on my 1996 SL1 broke (the centering pin snapped, so it would stay pressed against the 'lock' setting). The switch is just held in by some plastic tabs (top/bottom, IIRC). Work gently with a thin screw driver to pop it out. I replaced it with the one from the passenger side, and put the busted one (disconnected) on the passenger side for aesthetics.

John

Reply to
John Clear

Sweet, thanks much!