engine help please!

Ok.

In my sl2, I have a fresh rebuild, maybe 3000 miles. Using my WBo2 guage the car wants to go lean at idle and at cruising throttle. Enough that the car stumbles when the engine is all warmed up. When you hit the gas at idle speed the car hesitates before it takes off. Looking at my vacuum gauge, the needle reads about 21-22 psi vacuum and fluctuated rapidly about 2 psi up and down. What do you guys think the problem could be?

New -plugs/wires, map sensor, re manufactured head fuel pressure regulator is set at 44psi EGR valve is removed and using a block off plate

Reply to
Carjunky via CarKB.com

Removing the EGR was a mistake. If you are going to modify the engine, you must also modify the ECU's programming. Exhaust gas is inert, adding it to the intake charge does not affect the mixture. However, the addition of exhaust gas will cause the ECU to see an increase in manifold pressure and normally will inject more fuel if its fuel map were not programmed for EGR. This is primarily a combination of manifold pressure & throttle position, though engine RPM and temperature are also involved. By eliminating the EGR you are now getting more air for the same manifold pressure than the ECU's fuel mapped is programmed for. Either reinstall the EGR or get the ECU reprogrammed.

HTH Gyz

Carjunky via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
Gyzmologist