Saturn SL2 96 no reverse

Greetings Car Masters!

I have a Saturn SL2 96 160k and I can not drive the car in reverse.

- I start the car

- Put in the reverse gear

- Press the gas.

- The car does not move. It feels like something is stuck somewhere that hinders the car from moving. The engine is engaged, works hard and tries to move the car.

- I drive forward a foot

- Put in reverse

- I can now drive back the same distance that I drove forward.

- I drove 1/4 mile

- put in reverse, I could drive the car ~20 feet then abrubt stop.

  • I can roll the car backwards when in neutral
  • transmission fluid good, changed 3 months ago.

What is wrong? Do you have advice?

Many Thanks, Thomas

Reply to
bjurbo

Check the transmission fluid level...it may be low.

-----Original Message----- From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com] Posted At: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:48 AM Posted To: rec.autos.makers.saturn Conversation: Saturn SL2 96 no reverse Subject: Saturn SL2 96 no reverse

Greetings Car Masters!

I have a Saturn SL2 96 160k and I can not drive the car in reverse.

- I start the car

- Put in the reverse gear

- Press the gas.

- The car does not move. It feels like something is stuck somewhere that hinders the car from moving. The engine is engaged, works hard and tries to move the car.

- I drive forward a foot

- Put in reverse

- I can now drive back the same distance that I drove forward.

- I drove 1/4 mile

- put in reverse, I could drive the car ~20 feet then abrubt stop.

  • I can roll the car backwards when in neutral
  • transmission fluid good, changed 3 months ago.

What is wrong? Do you have advice?

Many Thanks, Thomas

Reply to
Rob Burdett

It would help to know if it is a manual or automatic transmission.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane