Engine vibration - motor mounts?

I should know this, but I need a refresher. My '02 SC2 , 58K mi is starting

> to show signs of very slight vibrations when at idle. How do I inspect the > top motor mount, what do I look for? I had it replaced in 2004, whats the > replacement interval? TIA.

My '96 SW2's DOHC engine vibrates mightily, especially recently. I've been worrying about it - it didn't do this when I bought it in October. Is this a motor mounts thing? Sounds smooth as silk, just vibrates the car during normal operation.

Reply to
ouroboros rex

Yep top mount on passanger side. It is quite common on older models.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

When my 97 SL1 started having a vibration at idle, I performed a simple check. I jacked up onr side on the front and set the car on a jack stand. Then I used my floor jack and a piece of wood to put a small bit of pressure on the oil pan, just a touch. The vibration went away. Lowered the floor jack, the vibration came back.

In my case all three engine mounts were shot. Slightly over $100 at NAPA and an hour or so and I was all set.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz