Extremely high idle question

I am wondering why my 2000 SL with 113K miles idles so high. After initial warm-up at around 1500-2000 rpm it jumps way up to 3000-3500 once I get started driving. I also notice that even at the high idle and driving at high speeds, my temperature gauge barely gets to the halfway mark, when it used to go to just over the mark every time. Any suggestions?

Reply to
stinknugget

I just had a similar problem with my '95 SW2. Turned out to be a bad coolant temperature sensor - $8 at AutoZone.

Reply to
William Hughes

Reply to
jdoe