Fuel test port cap

Anybody know where I can find a replacement cap for the fuel pressure test port. I ?fumbled while trying to put it back on and it slipped down into an irretrievable place. I'd like to get a metal cap if possible.

Was getting a rich bank 1 and 2 reading and was trying to troubleshoot it. For the mean time, took the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator and moved it from the throttle body (where it didn't seem to be doing much) to the manifold vacuum. Dropped the fuel pressure almost 20 psi, car runs OK and exhaust smells nice and lean again. Just need to get the check engine light off for NY state inspection.

Reply to
Oppie

Here's one for a Mercedes on Ebay:

Fred

As a stopgap, found a R12 to HC134 refrigerant conversion kit. Just had the conversion ports. The fuel test port happens to be the same size as a R12 refrigerant connector. The adaptor sticks a bit higher than the top of the motor than I would like.

Went to a plumbing supply store today and got a brass 1/4 flare fitting cap to try out. Too cold today to play with it but will need to put an o-ring or rubber disc inside the cap for proper sealing.

None of the auto parts stores I tried (Autozone and CarQuest) had the caps. It occurred to me later that this port is standard for high race cars and a speed shop may also have it.

Oppie

I got a part that fell in one of those hidden spaces out once with one of those long grabbers that have lttle hooks that open when you squeeze the other end.

Another time I used lots of scotch tape wrapped sticky side out on the end of one of those inspection mirrors. The thing stuck to it!

Or you can get a free sample bag of caps from this place. One of them might do the trick: Worked for me!

Fred