Humidity Hell on the Windshield

Jesus!these last 3-4 weks have been next to hell driving in the morning!,I try the heat,works somewhat,I go to a/c,nope,a fog cluster forms at the bottom of the windshield,then when it does happen to clear off,i drive thru a fog patch & it starts all over again.That blower direction knob isn't much help either.

Reply to
teem

Keep the windshield clean, inside and out and it greatly reduces the occurrence of these problems. Use Windex on a sponge followed by a squeegee. Might have to repeat a couple of times to get all the schmutz off. A smooth surface is less affected by condensation. Any dirt or residue from smoking gives a nice base for moisture to condense on.

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
teem

Yeah, humidity is a bummer. I'm in the New York city area (about 20 miles North). It's been pretty bad between heat and humidity. I console myself with the thought that soon enough the cost of heating my house will excede the mortgage and tax bill :(

Have you tried using poloroid sunglasses? The slope of some windshields is more likely to give problems with low angles of the sun (dawn/dusk). The polarizing sunglasses cut out the bulk of the glare and generally improve visibility... or did I misunderstand? Are you still getting condensation? If so, is it on the inside or outside?

Reply to
Oppie

yo teem, you must be a shortie like me, lol. Yep, we can blame this anomolie on the weird heat and humidity we have been having lately, I have the same problem, but it is only the bottom part of the window. Like Oppie sez, keep the window clean inside and out, that helps. Its not so much the car, but the crazy humidity, we have been having 60-90% here in FL with an average "feels like" temp of 100+ the past 2 weeks.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Reply to