I like mini wagons

Of course one way to increase sales of xxxx and xxxx would be TO PRODUCE

> A WAGON VERSION !!!!!!! > HINT FREAKING HINT ! ! !

snip

ron > 94 SL1 119,000 miles

I AGREE !

After having owned two SW1s I do not understand why anyone would want or accept any sedan. The mini wagon provides low CG, small frontal area, is lighter and gets better fuel economy than any minivan or light suv. It also allows mounting a longer more stable roof rack.

GM seems to think that I will buy whatever they decide to build which is just not true. I have always liked the Ford marketing strategy of selling Escort and Taurus sedans and wagons for the same price. I suspect that the added sales volume that resulted lowered the unit costs to almost the same as the sedans. It almost (shudder) made me buy a Ford. GM has abandoned the market for miniwagons and so my next auto will probably be the first non GM new auto I will buy. I am experiencing very good service from my SW1s and if GM had continued to build SW1s I would have already repurchased new replacements for the two I currently run, but since they are no longer built I will keep these two until they die. The upside of this is that I will probably save money and get better utilization of the investment that I have already made. GM just does not seem to want to serve my needs or to retain my custom.

I also like the economy potential of small turbo diesels but have yet to be convinced that they are worth the added initial cost (from VW).

just my .02, YMMV

Reply to
Private

yo - how many times I hear that a week from old wagon owners. What I tell them and encourage you to do is goto saturn.com and post your request to bring back the wagon. Hopefully if enough ppl holler for a new wagon, they will wise up and bring it back. I wish they never got rid of the wagon. It is however rumoured, and I repeat rumoured that there is a chance the ION may evolve into a hatchback in the distant future. But IMHO, that doesnt replace the wagon.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 06:56:45 -0500, marx404 took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Heh, even Cadillac has a station wagon - I saw a SRX or something like that the other day. Made me laugh.

Now, if they'll bring back the wood panel Custom Cruisers with a 455 V8, then I'll buy one!

Reply to
PerfectReign

Escort? Sounds like you've been out of the car market for a while, Focus replaced the Escort a while back. But be careful, the Focus back seats don't fold down worth a shit. Before you fold down the back seats you have to fold UP the back bench. So if you only fold down half of the back seat you still can't sit in the other half since the entire bench is up. And before you can fold up the back bench, you have to slide both front seats about half way forward so the back bench will go far enough up to clear the back seats as they go down. Needless to say, the front passenger seat doesn't fold flat.

My guess is that Saturn didn't offer an ION wagon since at that time they had the Large Wagon. Then the L series died, and by then everyone was in love with mini-vans and mini-SUVs (like VUE) and gas was still around a buck a gallon. I think after a few years of $3 gas, mini-wagons will come back. Wish I could wait that long for a new car. ron 94 SL1, real close to 120,000

Reply to
Ron Herfurth

The Focus folding seats may suck but have you tried driving one? I just drove a friend's and although I am not in the market for such a small car I could not believe how well it handled, braked and accelerated. Way better than my father's L300 Wagon.

Reply to
Art