No more L300?

I just recently visited the Saturn website since my wife is interested in a new one (She has a '97), and I'm on my third, a 2004 L300. Looking at their site, all that's offered now are two Ion models, the Vue and the Relay. My lease is up next year, and I've been very happy for nine years as a Saturn owner. But I don't want a smaller car like the Ion and I don't want a Vue or Relay. Am I out of luck? Why did they discontinue the 300 series?

Reply to
rfdjr1

L series was unfortunately (and not such a great decision IMHO) killed off early this year. There are some still around if you can find a dealership that has some left in stock. Why? your guess is as good as mine. Now we have to wait over a year for the replacement car, the Aura. You can see the prototype at Saturn.com future vehicles.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Thanks. The lease on my 2004 L300 is up in January 2007. I'm on my third Saturn and wanted to stay with them. I've seen the Aura on the website. Any idea when it will be available?

Reply to
rfdjr1

Aura is still in the works. Nothing but concept right now, no production yet, but production is said to begin for late '07, early '08 model year. Cnat wait. I like what is happening with the '06 VUE, very classy now.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

since you like your L300 so much, you might consider buying out the lease and own it outright. I bought my '01 lw300 used when it came off lease and have enjoyed it. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

No one bought the L Series since Saturn choose not to advertise it. Remember the cardboard box add? If your TV was on the fritz that month you would have missed it. Chevy pumped Cobalt big time when it was introduced, too bad GM doesn't do Saturn's publicity. ron

Reply to
Ron Herfurth