LW200 tires

Time to replace those 'wonderful' affinity tires on our LW200. I know the brand, tread, type etc I am going to put on it, but was wondering if anyone had moved up a size and had any thoughts on the topic.

Standard are 195/60R15, I was thinking of putting 205/60R15 on.

I had a smaller car years ago that was dramatically improved with the slightly wider wheels (quieter, stable, etc.). The LW200 has a fairly good [for a Saturn] turning radius, and the 10cm difference should not affect it much right?

Reply to
Steph

you should probably use a lower profile tire too. Tire size breaks down like this

205 60 15 205 = tread width in milimeters 60 = 60% of width. Height of tire or profile (205 * .60) 15 = Rim size

so you can calulate out using those algebra skills you learned in 9th grade the diameter of the wheel with different tires profiles. Probably a 55 would be okay.

Reply to
stevengupta

did that same size change. no problem.

Reply to
Ron Taylor

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1137098993.292030.158390 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Why should I use a lower profile tire? I was only thinking of increasing the tread width and not switching rim sizes. I can see if I wanted to put 16" wheels on the car I would need a lower profile tire to keep the odometer/speedometer close to accurate.

Reply to
Steph

If you are going from a 195 60 to a 205 60 you are increasing the diameter of the wheel. Remember the 60 is a percentage of the width of the tread. Going to a 55 would be just slightly less in diameter than standard where as a 60 would be slightly more than standard.

Check out tirerack.com I bet they have a list> snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1137098993.292030.158390

Reply to
stevengupta