Need to replace windshield washer fluid pump on 2000 SL1

I just bought the Haynes manual and cannot find anything about this. I know I can buy the actual pump for $32CDN and assume that it is either inside the reservoir or under it...

I'm no mechanic but I've repaired/replaced several bolt-on parts in recent years, so I figure this cannot be too complicated. Does anyone have a quick how-to pointer or two for me?

Much appreciated!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Mason

I thought that the pump on my 2000 was gone. I was told that this is almost unheard of.

I took the guard off the inside wheel well to gain access to the water pump. I moved the wires and it started working again. Go figure.

Reply to
Shawn

"Shawn" wrote in news:_BGHc.71734$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

My 2002 L200 has stopped squirting, though the pump sounds 'fine', and the fluid level is up. I checked the hoses as far under the well as I could and all looked okay.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Bob

Reply to