Next Satrun VUE Revealed

General Motors revealed that the midsize Opel Antara sport-utility vehicle concept, unveiled yesterday at the Frankfurt International Auto Show, is indeed the next generation Saturn VUE.

GM Vice Chairman Robert Lutz revealed at a media preview that the Antara "will be identical to the future Saturn VUE." While the next VUE is still "a few years away," sources tell SaturnFans.com that a four-door version will also be offered. Automotive News says General Motors of Europe reportedly engineered the vehicle with "U.S. production in mind, both in terms of U.S. regulations and plant assembly." Lutz added that General Motors "can build it in a U.S. plant, and it will be identical."

Visit SaturnFans.com for information about the new model, along with more than 60 photos.

Enjoy! Charlie

Reply to
CE

wow. This will definitely steal some Acura owners out there. Nice the new VUE will be built in Tenn. still. I see that Opel farms out to Korea? (well, who doesn't nowadays, lol, oh yea, we don't, lol)

I wonder what engines will be available in this smaller 2 door VUE? 250hp with a man trans would be sweet!

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Hold the presses. Acording to one of the higher-ups at Saturn, the media has jumped the gun on the Opel Antara, and she has said that they were mis-quoted. She says that although Saturn will have strong ties with Opel, this will not necessarily be exactly what the new VUE will look like. (I hope she is wrong, I think the Antara looks HOT).

Hey, but who knows, Saturn keeps changing thier minds, lol. marx404

Reply to
marx404

So is the higher-up at Saturn saying that Lutz was misquoted, or that Lutz doesn't know what he is talking about. The quote in the articles I read were very definitive --> The Antara concept "will be identical to the future Saturn Vue," GM Vice Chairman Robert Lutz said. "They can build it in a U.S. plant, and it will be identical."

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White