Oxygen Sensor

I have a 1996 Saturn SL. The engine lights comes on and then starts to flash. It feels like the motor is boggin down. I took it Autozone and they hooked it up to the little computer thingy and told me I needed to replace the oxygen sensor. I did, and it hasnt helped. I bought Bosch oxygen sensor. Any ideas?

Reply to
weezebaby19

Yup, find the root cause not the symptom. Only get codes from autozone, not advice. They sell parts, not fixes.

What is the service history of your car? Have you kept up with fuel filters, plugs, wires, and the like? Your O2 sensor is looking at air fuel mixtures. Start looking at things that effect that.

Reply to
Blah blah

well come to think about it, could the exhaust have something to do with it. My husband had a buddy of his to do something last year to make it louder, well ever since then, when letting off the gas, it pops.. What do u think? I have no idea about cars and stuff like that. I guess it prob needs spark plugs/wires and the whole nine yards but there is definetly a problem somewhere..

Reply to
weezebaby19

I totally missed this post. 2 things come to mind for exhaust related, not enough back pressure and/or an exhaust leak upstream of the O2 sensor.

Reply to
Blah blah