[SOLVED] How many O2 sensors in

Howdy! I have 2000 Forester L , automatic, 2.5L engine, +80,000, which is showing a CEL/ECU P1133 fault code. I believe this is bad O2 sensor, but I do not know if I have more than one sensor, and it's (their) location. I figure I should have all the O2 sensors replaced since Subaru recommends at

60,000.

However I want to take to a local (very good) mechanic rather than the dealer (80 mile away) who always tries to force transmission flush, injector flush, brake flush...a general douching for +$1200... which (IMHO) is a rip-off.

Can any one help with number of O2 sensors? and general locations (exhaust manifolds, cat converter, etc)?

Thanks folks!!!

Reply to
D&SW

Two O2 sensors. One if front of the cat and this one sets the fuel air mixture. The second O2 sensor is back of the cat and basically checks that the front O2 sensor and other ending management stuff is working correctly.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thank you very much for your help!!

Reply to