Portable Diagnostic Tool for ABS

I replaced the master brake cylinder in my 95 Saturn with ABS. After bleeding the brake system, I still have excessive pedal travel and a spongy feel. The Saturn service manual recommends using a Portable Diagnostic Tool (PDT) to run the ABS motors to move the pistons to up-home and down-rel positions a couple of times, start and stop the engine several times to sequence the ABS, then rebleed.

Before I turn the job over to the dealer, does anyone know a cheap method to simulate the PDT and cycle the pistons?

Thanks, Glen

Reply to
Glen

Hi, When I bleed the brakes w/ABS, I also bleed the 2 bleeding points on the ABS unit. I have been told that after bleeding the brakes, go out and activate the ABS while driving a few times and bleed them again. That will probably help.

...Marc I replaced the master brake cylinder in my 95 Saturn with ABS. After

Reply to
Marc Webb

As the other responder said, there are a couple of bleeder screws on the ABS modulator, you can try bleeding out of those using the standard procedure. Starting and stopping the car a few times may help to push out air in the modulator assembly..

Reply to
Robert Hancock