Problem getting SW2 (automatic '95) into park

Hi All.

I ran into this problem over the past few days, after driving for several hours my car didn't want to go into 'Park'. It took several tries but finally worked. I am concerned that I might be facing a series repair on a car that has a lot of miles on it (nearly 170,000). I will add that over a year ago there was a 'Carolina Lemonade incident' (my daughter spilled the better part of a cup of lemonade accidently and some of it went into the shifter-Carolina incident because they put a huge amount of sugar into the lemonade in North Carolina).

I'm wondering what I might be facing if this isn't related to the lemonade accident.

Reply to
Doug