Re: 2000 lw3 trans kicks

Sounds a lot like how my car's wiring problem was except airbag light & engine would some time stall. I have a 2000 SL2 with 5-speed. Here is part of my letter to Saturn. They did call me, that was nice. But, only to let me know that my letter was going into their suggestion program. I see it as a safety issue.

Best of luck finding the problem.

A) Driver's Air Bag Wiring Fault -- Problem

Problem being with the wire harness that runs up the driver's side of the center console. This wire harness is routed in between the heater box and mounting bracket for the "filler panel" ( lower knee bolster). On my car the white and green wires, for the driver's air bag, are on the side of the harness toward the mounting bracket. The wire harness in this area was only covered in a spiral wrap of electrical tape, like a Barber's Pole. In-between the tape wraps the green wire was rubbed through to the copper, and the white wire looked to be more cut into. This was along the edge of the mounting bracket, see Appendix A. Sorry for the fuzzy picture. The nick in the white wire can be seen.

The wiring harness needs to be rerouted and/or better protected in this region.

Other 2000 SL2's, may be built such that other power wires might get grounded. Doing damage to electronic equipment, maybe even fire, or air bag problems as on my car.

We have a 2000 LW3 with 34,000 miles. Now something strange happens at > times. It seems if we go over the right series of bumps in the road or an > odd turn, the service light will come on and the trans will kick hard when > shifting from a stop. If I stop the car and turn it off for about ten > minutes and start it up... no more problem. It has happened about 3 times in > the last 5 thousand miles. Any ideas out there? > Steve > >
Reply to
<mcben

could try picking a smoother road

Reply to
Barnabas

I have a 2000 LS2 and have had the shifting problem. There is a TSB on this. The diagnostic code is 1811 and you need a new Pressure Control valve, updated (new) oil pump shaft and TCM reprogramming. Mine was replaced under warranty.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Brian Hurley