rebuilt engine and burning oil

The mechanic who recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 SC2 said that it might burn a little oil at first. I've been checking it weekly and this morning I noticed it had indeed burned a "little" oil. It was around 2 quarts low!! I added some oil and I guess there wasn't any damage but is this really normal? Is he being honest or am I being taken for a ride.

Thanks,

-Mark

Reply to
Mark F

Assuming they put new rings in, I suppose there might be some oil consumption until the rings seat fully, but 2 quarts seems a tad high. How many miles on it now since the rebuild?

If that rate of oil consumption keeps up, I'd certainly complain..

Reply to
Robert Hancock