Saturn LS1 2000 noise on deceleration

I have a Saturn LS1 2000 which has recently developed a whistling or whining noise which occurs only on deceleration. Specifically within 1/2 second of removing one's foot from the accelerator pedal this sound begins and is audible when traveling in excess of about 25 - 30 miles per hour.

Anybody else experience with this?

May be related to a tech service bulletin 02-t-22 regarding intake manifold.

Any feedback appreciated.

Reply to
DAVID ROSS

This car like my L200 2001 model has a intake manifold that I think is made of plastic. My manifold warped. The car was hot when the whistling occured. Maybe you have something similar.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

I will check that possibility out.

The noise I'm experiencing occurs both when car is cold or warmed up.

Did you have your's repaired? If so, about what did you pay?

Thanks again.

Reply to
DigitalD

It was covered under warranty. It occured around 13K miles.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John