Saturn Pricing?

OK, I know that Saturn has its 'No Hassle, No Haggle' pricing policy, but how does it work? Do all vehicles sell for the MSRP? Or is there a standard discount off list? I'm looking at the 2006 Vue.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil Marshall

It depends...

MOST dealers (officially) sell NEW cars for MSRP. The amount they will give you for any trade in is another matter. They can give you more (or less) than your trade is actually worth if they want to or in order to make the sale. Pricing for used or demo cars varies with the local market and demand. Demo MAY mean in stock and driven around the block to demo to you. Haggling (and hassling) continues...never be afraid to make an offer! In the end YOU are the one who decides whether to buy and how much you are prepared to pay, you do not need to buy THIS car but the dealer must sell it.

Good luck, YMMV

Reply to
Private

I don't understand this question. It seems rather self-explanatory.

When I bought mine, it was as simple as looking at the sticker. If you don't feel it's worth the price on the sticker, you don't buy it. No farting around trying to bargain with some guy who bargains for a living.

Some people here have said that you have some room on what you can try to get for a trade.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Two things, one kinda on topic. Check Consumer Reports for their review of the Vue.

Now back on topic, I've heard people getting the MSRP as the out of door price. Meaning that the selling prices was reduced such that the car price + sales tax + fees + tags = orginial MSRP.

Might try for that, if you are still looking at a Vue after researching it.

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great