Saturn Side Mirrors

Is there anything about late model saturn side mirrors that make them more susceptable to falling/breaking off?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Damn things are made of plastic...Oh wait.

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Yeah hitting mailboxes, bicyclist, pedestrians, telephone poles, tree's, & other such objects will make them more susceptable. IOW no.

Reply to
BläBlä

Here's what we have:

Girlfriend lives in apartment complex and has neighbor that has accused her of knocking both mirrors off (she did bump one while getting to the mailbox, saturn in no parking firelane obstructing access).

Now, I've looked at the mirrors and they looked fine to my eyes (didn't try to pull one off). So, I was wondering, wouldn't it take some real force to knock one off, or do they just snap on and off. From the little I've read it appears there are 3 bolts...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I've replaced the side mirrors on my son's '96 SL2 three times. The first time he backed out of the garage and ripped the mirror off. The second and third times were due to vandalism where someone knocked the mirrors off. You are correct in that there are indeed three bolts/screws.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Ouch! Do they come off cleanly and once they are broken off can they be set back on the car. It would seem to me that this would take some force, maybe I'm wrong.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

They are fairly easy to remove and replace. The last two vandals did enough damage on both doors to require me to bend the bracket and straighten the mounting holes to allow the mirror to mate properly to the door panel. Good thing that all mirrors are black, the local boneyard had a donor vehicle, and the price for the used parts was reasonable ($15 each).

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman