Sunroof spring is broken - Is it possible to replace?

I'm looking for a helpful discussion on how to replace a broken rail spring on a '95 SL2 sunroof. The spring is about 1/4" in diameter and pushes on either side of the sunroof during opening/ closing.

Appears that I can remove the sunroof with a torx bit. Is this wise? Can the spring be replaced after removing the sunroof or do I need to buy an assembly? I'd like to replace both springs on either side, but only one is broken at this time.

Reply to
john c

Start by contacting your local dealer. The parts counter people will be able to tell you if you can replace parts or if you need a whole assembly. This is of course if it's a factory sunroof and not aftermarket.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Check with Joey at 6th Planet. They have replacement parts for far less than the factory and good advice about your situation.

Myself, I just siliconed the sunroof shut.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart